Marine Raider Training Center Individual Training Course ITC 16-2 Serial #119 Challenge Coin
This coin is 3 inches wide by 2 1/4 inches high.
The mission of the Marine Raider Training Center (MRTC) is to assess and select personnel for assignment for Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) and to train and educate designated personnel in individual, basic, and advanced special operations in order to meet MARSOC's requirement to provide capable personnel to conduct special operations.
MRTC is tasked to:
(1) Conduct individual basic SOF skills training in accordance with 0370, 0372, and 8071 MOS requirements.
(2) Conduct Assessment and Selection.
(3) Conduct advanced SOF skills training.
(4) Conduct Language and cultural training.
(5) Perform required curriculum review and updates of training material for all assigned courses
(6) Introduce and reinforce Personnel Resiliency (PERRES).
(7) Coordinate, via the component HQTRS, with Joint Special Operations University and Marine Corps Training and Education Command for higher level SOCOM/Joint and Service training and education.
(8) Act as lead within MARSOC to develop and introduce Special Operations Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures in coordination with component HQTRS, Marine Raider Regiment, and Marine Raider Support Group.
(9) Act as lead within MARSOC to develop, evaluate, and validate requirements for individual weapons, optics, and other equipment in coordination with the Assistant Chief of Staff (AC/S) G-3 and AC/S G-8.